Mindfulness teacher training, certifications and retreats
The following is a list of the mindfulness courses, teacher training and retreats that Jennifer has completed.
- “Deepening Practice: A Mentorship Program” with Joseph Goldstein. Insight Meditation Society Online, in progress.
- “mFLEX” part of the Mindful Performance Enhancement, Awareness & Knowledge (mPEAK) course with Peter Kirchmer, the University of California San Diego. Online, in progress.
- “National Academy of Sports Medicine, Personal Trainer Certification (NASM-PT).” Online, August 2020.
- “Teaching Online — An MBI-TAC Approach for MBSR Teachers”, Mindfulness Centre at Brown University, Online, April 28 to May 12, 2020.
- “Expert Strategies for Working with Traumatic Memory”, National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine, online, winter.
- “Becoming Trauma-Sensitive: The Professionals’ Path to Making Mediation Safe and Effective for Trauma Survivors”, with David Treleaven, PhD, Ottawa, ON, May 27, 2019.
- “Inquiry Essentials”, with Patricia Rockman, Centre for Mindfulness Studies, Toronto, ON, April 25-26, 2019.
- “Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher Training” with Dr. Christopher Germer, Michelle Becker and Susan Pollak, UC San Diego, School of Medicine, Andover, MA, October 20 to 26.
- Mindful Education Teacher Training with Daniel Rechtschaffen, online, ongoing.
- A 20-day silent retreat (two back-to-back retreats):
- “July Metta” with Sally Armstrong, Tempel Smith, Anushka Fernandopulle, Bonnie Duran, John Martin, Spirit Rock, Woodacre, CA, July 11 to 20.
- “July Insight” with Joseph Goldstein, Kamala Masters, DaRa Williams, Greg Scharf, Spirit Rock, Woodacre, CA, July 20 to 29.
- “Positive Neuroplasticity to Cultivate Resilient Well-Being” with Dr. Rick Hanson, Montreal, QC, April 21 and 22.
- “Metta,” a three-day silent retreat with Pascal Auclair, True North Insight, Arnprior, ON, February 1 to 4.
- “Mindfulness and Self-Compassion: Warming up the Conversation” with Dr. Christopher Germer, Montreal, QC, November 4.
- “Mindful Self-Compassion,” an eight-week course with Dr. Kimberly Sogge, Ottawa, ON, fall.
- Month-long yoga teacher training (RYT® 200), Sivananda Yoga Ashram, Val Morin, QC, July 2 to 30.
- MBSR “Teacher Development Intensive” with Carolyn West and Lynn Koerbel, UMass Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, Snowmass, CO, May 21 to 29.
- “MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine,” with Saki Santorelli, Florence Meleo-Meyer and Judson Brewer, UMass Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, San Jose, CA, March 3 to 10.
- MBSR “Fundamentals” with Bob Stahl and Carolyn West, UMass Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, Norwood, MA, January 7 to 17.
- Buddhist studies with Dr. Steven Hick, included 23 weeks of weekly teachings and practices on the Foundations of Mindfulness or the SATIPATTHANA SUTRA and monthly in-person group sessions from November to April 2016.
- “From Mindfulness of Breath to Radiant Mind,” a seven-day silent retreat with Donald Rothberg, Susie Harrington and Erin Selover, Spirit Rock Insight Meditation Centre, Spirit Rock, CA, November 28 to December 4.
- “Essence of Buddhist Psychology” training for meditators and mental health professionals, with Jack Kornfield, New York, NY, November 12.
- An eight-week MBSR course and four-day teacher training practicum with Steven Hick, MBSR Ottawa, ON, completed November 6.
- Five-day “Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training (MB-EAT) for Professionals” with Jean Kristeller and Andrea Lieberstein, Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Stockbridge, MA, June.
- “MBSR Tools” with Florence Meleo-Meyer and Robert Smith, UMass Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY, July.
- Eight-week MBSR course with Saki Santorelli and Florence Meleo-Meyer, online, summer.
- “Intimacy with Life,” seven-day silent retreat with Tara Brach, Jonathan Foust et al., Insight Meditation Community of Washington, Washington, DC, May.
- Meditation and mindfulness certification (200-hour program), McLean Meditation Institute, Sedona, AZ, January.