The 8-week format consists of eight weekly, 2.5 hour sessions, plus a 4-hour retreat. No previous meditation experience is necessary, but helpful. The program combines meditation practice, body practices, short talks and group inquiry to provide a multifaceted and complete program for developing self-compassion and mindfulness in everyday life.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- Mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and everyday life
- Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
- How to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- How to motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- How to identify your inner critic and relate to feelings of perfectionism, low self-esteem and low self-worth in a healthier way
- How to stop being so hard on yourself and become your own best teacher
- How developing compassion can transform challenging relationships, both old and new
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
During the course, participants are encouraged to work up to a daily practice of formal or informal meditations of 30 minutes per day.
Ottawa Meditation & Wellness Inc. is dedicated to creating a safe, welcome, open and warm environment.
There are also a limited number of scholarship spots available to help to avoid turning away anyone who is genuinely interested in participating in MSC if cost is the only obstacle preventing them from participating. There are limited scholarship spots available in each class. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Payment and cancellation policy
Payment may be made by cheque, or by Interac e-transfer.
A 100% refund will be issued for cancellation requests received up to two weeks before the start of class.
A 100% refund (minus a $30 processing fee) will be issued for cancellation requests received before the start of class two. No refunds will be issued after that time.
Wednesdays from 6:30-9:00 p.m. from October 21 to December 9th, 2020 at Kitchissippi United Church, 630 Island Park Drive, Ottawa, Ontario.
The 1/2 day retreat will be held on November 28, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.